Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm back


I am hereby resuming my blog associated with the book I have written about changing our government. The book is being printed as I write, and an updated version of it will be uploaded to Amazon shortly.

In the hiatus since my last blog, I have been reading further in areas that I have felt I needed to deepen my understanding of since writing the book. I have chosen two areas in particular, the concept of democracy, and a detailed comparison of the American with the British system of government. My focus lately has been on the concept of democracy. It is the less difficult of the two areas, although it has many complications, most of them having to do with the distinction between direct or participatory democracy, and representative democracy. There has been a lot written about this, and I will be expressing my interpretations of the issues involved in future blogs, and eventually perhaps in another book.

The other area is much more involved in that it requires an extensive experience with both the American and the British governments, a background that I will probably never have. Nevertheless, I will be trying to do as well as I can, and that may result in another book.

I realize that what I will be writing will be at a fairly high level, but that is where I am. I will try to blog about once a week with comments on these two subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment